Free the Lovebank 5
Five Activists who had occupied Liverpool’s old Bank of England building to provide shelter and feed the city’s homeless people have been jailed for almost 3 months each. They were sentenced on Thursday 17th September 2015 at Liverpool Crown Court.
The Love Activists moved into the unoccupied building in the middle of April 2015 to set up a support centre for Liverpool’s homeless people, incorporating places to sleep, an advice centre and a street kitchen, from where they were evicted in the early hours of 12 May and the homeless activists arrested. The defendants were charged in relation to the occupation of the old bank building in Castle Street, Liverpool city centre, as part of a protest over lack of support for the homeless and government austerity.
Write to them
Three of the five defendants are under 21 and have been sent to Young Offenders Institutions, notoriously violent & challenging environments. All of them need your support throughout their sentences & beyond, as they continue to resist homelessness & injustice.
Write to them:
John Hall A8155DN
68 Hornby Road
John Rice A8157DN
68 Hornby Road
James Allanson A8147DN
James C Jones (Jay) A8149DN
Chelsea Stafford A8215DN (NOW RELEASED ON APPEAL)
What to send them:
- Nice letters, funny postcards, pictures, printed articles
- Stamps, envelopes & writing paper
- Zines or Books
- Postal orders (Made out to ‘The Governor’ and crossed – we recommend writing the prison number of the prisoner on the back)
What More You Can Do
- Donate via this crowdfund page here: https://www.gofundme.com/d94jfvf3
- Spread the word. Share the website and the facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/FreetheLovebank5
- Organise a fundraiser, action or demo in their name
- Keep struggling against homelessness and all forms of domination
Contact the Support Group