End Detention Weekend – Glasgow
End Detention WeekEND
Saturday, July 11 and Sunday, July 12 at 10:00 to 20:00
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, G411BA (opposite Kinning Park Underground)
A group of migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and their allies are organising a capacity building weekend at a social centre (Kinning Park Complex) in Glasgow. Over two days, we aim to build the community’s capacity to organise together and take direct action against oppressive institutions, corporations and systems. The weekend will involve training, workshops, films, music, stories, food, childcare – to inform, enrage, collectivise, and act. Specifically it aims to empower those most affected by migration barriers – to lead a movement for change, and for allies to work effectively with them. We also want to build connections and share experiences with our allies in England, Europe and beyond. This weekend will be a platform for increased activity and direct action.
PROGRAMME OF WORKSHOPS
* Linking prison abolition movement to border struggles
* How does detention work and how does it work to disempowered?
* Movement building- session for people in struggle for papers only-
* The Ally Industrial Complex- session for people with papers with anti-oppression games-
* Corporate Involvement in Detention: Who’s profiting?
* No Borders
* Facilitation & Consensus
* Direct Action Tactics & Legal
*DONATE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN* http://www.gofundme.com/x4w7ffw